Sunday, November 7, 2010

American Occupation, uprising in Samar



On Samar, the Filipino population staged a famous guerilla attack in the town of Balangiga. Weary of American human rights violations, the townsfolk attacked with nothing but bolos and bamboo spears killing forty US soldiers timed to the ringing of the church bells. In response US General “Howling” Jake Smith, ordered out the extermination of the islands inhabitants:

“I want no prisoners. I wish you to kill and burn, the more you kill and burn the better it will please me. I want all persons killed who are capable of bearing arms in actual hostilities against the United States.” General Jacob H. Smith said.

Major Littleton “Tony” Waller asked “I would like to know the limit of age to respect, sir?.”

“Ten years,” Smith said. [from Wikipedia]

(Source Alex Felipe Photography)

1 comment:

Share your lumang tao moments